Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Follow the Leader

I really don't like to follow. I consider myself a natural born leader, and I strive and am most ME when I am doing the leading. Because of a few dominant relationships in my life, I have learned to sit back and compromise, but I don't always feel like the real ME when I do that. It makes me sad.

When I saw others posting blogs about what they are thankful for, my instant thought was, "I'm not going to do that." But I would be cheating myself and others if I didn't take a moment to say what I am thankful for. I am, however, going to put a spin on it and spice it up from others I have read.

Things I am thankful for:

Tomorrow. If I'm having a bad day, there's always tomorrow.
Happiness. I have been blessed with a wonderful family who makes me happy.
April. I thank God everyday for healing my best friend of cancer.
Nephews. I love my three little guys and the unborn, as well.
Kisses. Need I explain?
Sweets. I love my candy, ice cream, and M&M's.
God. It is Christ in my life that gives me hope.
Ignorance. Sometimes ignorance IS bliss.
Veggies. Yes, believe it or not, I eat a lot of veggies.
Impulsiveness. Not that I AM impulsive, but sometimes it's OK to buy that fabulous purse on a whim.
Nebraska. We're going to kick CU's arse on Friday!
Gluten. Since being told I can't eat it, I appreciate it that much more.


Things that didn't make the list:
*Family
*Friends
*Shopping
*My students
*Columbine High School
*Snow
*My bed
*My clothes
*My Master's degree. I feel so much smarter today than I did a week ago.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm pretty thankful for my life. I'm living in a pretty good world. My world.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Like your spin on the "what I'm thankful for" list. Whether you're leading or following, you're an original!