Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting Caught Up

Jeez, life has been a whirlwind this past week. So much to catch you up on...Let's start with the weekend. My other big news might require its own seperate post.

This past weekend, Katie C. and I went to Kearney to celebrate a few special events. Katie an I got into Kearney around 8pm, so we met up with April and Irish at Cunningham's, our favorite bar, to hear one of our favorite bands, Groove Puppets. The four of us had a really good time and stayed up way too late.

Shannon, Jeff, Collin, Katie N. and all the boys also came back. Shannon and I threw a baby shower for Collin and Katie Saturday morning. They got some really cute stuff, all of which was pink, of course. This little baby girl is going to be spoiled. I then met my friend, Hannah, for coffee. She recently moved back to Kearney from Oregon, and I had not met her newest little baby, so I met him, played with her two girls, and chatted with her husband and her.

Later that night, April had a fabulous birthday party for Aydan, who turned three. He got a ton of presents, and April and Zach sure know how to throw a party. Zach is a chef, so he makes the best food. After the party, we headed back to Cunningham's to hear the band again, and this time McGee was able to join us. Another late night...

Sunday, us girls threw a baby shower for Irish. She is having a boy in January (or February), so she got a ton of great boy gifts. Irish looks great, but you can tell she is pregnant :) We had a good time. Katie and I left Sunday evening around 6pm, and we were back in Denver by 10:30.

I'm still trying to get caught up on my sleep, but it was a great weekend. I haven't been home since July, so it was good to be in my home town for a short time and see my girlfriends.

No comments: