Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Big News

Last night I finished my last graduate class. I turned in my final project, and I am done with homework, done with classes and done with my program!!! It feels like such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

My final project, called my Teacher Work Sample, is essentially like a thesis. I've been working on it for 12 weeks, and it was a total of 30 pages. It consisted of seven sections, each with very specific criteria and objectives. I spent a lot of time on this project, and it feels pretty amazing to hand it to my teacher. I won't officially be done until she posts my grade, so now I wait for that big letter grade.

Once I received my grade, I will have to hustle to get my transcripts and diploma expedited because I cannot do my long term sub job until I have those papers in my hand. Colorado Department of Education (CDE) is not very prompt on their paper process, so hopefully I can get all my paperwork done in time.

It feels so amazing to be done with my program. I now have my Master's Degree in Secondary Education. I'm officially a teacher. I have four more weeks of student teaching, so my time at Columbine is coming to an end. I'll write more about that at a later date.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats! That's a great accomplishment & a huge weight off your shoulders. Sorry to hear about the bond. Usually, though, voters see the consequences of what they've done & turn the vote around next time. I hope that happens in this case.

Kari said...

Yay - Congrats on finishing!

Brian and Becca Kuster said...

Hey Shiloh! You are almost finished! What a great Christmas present that will be! We (Mesa County) didn't pass our school's bond issue either. I was so frustrated. Your TWS is only 30 pages?? Mine was 200+. Oh well, those days are behind me now!! Enjoy your last few weeks!