Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday in Denver

Katie and I don't get to see each other a lot because we live in opposite directions of the city, and school has consumed my life these past few months. But this Saturday, we were able to get together and spend some time catching up. We had a blast. First, we went to a birthday party for some friends, Mike and Heather. We met them in Kearney years ago. Mike worked at Skeeter Barnes (I trained him). Heather worked at Pane Bello (I was her manager). Mike went to UNK. We spent a lot of time with Mike and Heather back in the day. They moved to Denver about two years ago, and I've only seen them a few times because they live in Brighton. Brighton is about as far northeast as you can get from my house in southwest Denver, so it's not an easy trek to make. It took me an hour from my house to get to their house.

Anyway, Katie and I went to their birthday party and saw many friends we used to know from Kearney. We had a good time at their house catching up and sharing stories from years ago. The night was still early after that, so Katie and I went downtown and met up with a friend. Our friend had a friend visiting from Arizona, so the four of us had a good time getting to know each other and gabbing about sports, work and play. We were downtown way too late, but in girl style, we took a few pictures.



1 comment:

Kari said...

Mike looks really nice! I'm glad you had such an amazing night out! :-)