Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Should I Wear?

I had an English teacher in high school who never wore the same thing twice. It’s really true. She even admitted it. My classmates and I always looked forward to English class to see what our teacher would be wearing. She was always well dressed, but she was pretty crazy. Her hair was dyed RED, she wore hot pink lip stick, and her clothes and shoes were always bright colors. She hardly ever matched and she wore many patterns that were far from the norm, but like I said my classmates and I looked forward to class to see what crazy thing she would have on.

With that being said, anyone who knows me knows that I take pride in the way I dress. You will very rarely see me dressed down. My thought is, “I never know who I’ll run into to, so I should always be dressed well.” I probably spend too much money on clothes, shoes and accessories, but it’s the one thing I love to spend money on.

When I started teaching a few months ago, I decided to wear a different necklace everyday until a student noticed. I wanted to be cool like my old English teacher. Today during Journalism, the kids asked if we could have a pizza party. I told them we couldn’t do that.

One student said, “You’d be the coolest teacher ever if you let us have a pizza party.”
I said, “I’m already the coolest teacher ever, with or without a pizza party.”
My students said, “Actually, you’re my favorite teacher. We love this class.”
I said, “That’s because I’m too nice. Starting tomorrow I’m going to be meaner. I’m too nice.”
My students said, “No, don’t be mean. We love you. And, you’re by far the best dressed teacher we’ve ever had. You’re the stylish teacher. You’ve never worn the same thing twice this entire year. You’re so cool.”
I then told them my mission to wear a different necklace everyday until someone noticed, but none of them had noticed my necklaces, much to my dissapointment. They had only noticed my clothes.

Anyway, the conversation reminded me of my old English teacher. It made me smile, but now I have a task ahead of me. Now that I know my students are watching what I wear, I have to look cute at all times!

Here I was wondering what I was going to teach about tomorrow, but the real question should be, "What should I wear tomorrow????"

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad I'm not a high school teacher and have to think about what I'm going to wear or how I'll fix my hair. Are you sure we're related?

Abby said...

I'm glad you have your priorities straight, Shi!!!